The Last of Us Abandoned Territories Map Pack and Patch 1.05 Released [TRAILER]
Naughty Dogs is making more new additions to its massively popular and critically acclaimed title The Last of Us. The developer has released patch 1.05 alongside the brand new Abandoned Territories Map as DLC for the game.
The new map pack and the patch is mostly directed toward the game’s multiplayer mode. Players with the Season Pass can download the pack at no additional cost. Non-holders can get if for $9.99.
The Abandoned Territories Map Pack features new maps that will allow players earn valuable supplies to maintain their respective clans in The Last of Us Multiplayer. The DLC offers the following features, as detailed by the game's official web site:
- Weather the opposing Faction and the random, dynamic dust storm on the Suburbs map.
- Explore a layered map of urban overgrowth with wild giraffes in the background in the Bus Depot map.
- A dark, eerie environment, moonlit and the perfect setting for some serious stealth, the Hometown map will keep you on your toes.
- Bookstore is the only multiplayer map featuring two levels atop one another, adding a highly unique dose of vertical gameplay.”
The company also states that these maps have been created “from the ground up with innovative tech, lighting and particle effects present on every map.” Check out the trailer below.
As for the patch, we've provided a list of fixes courtesy of the PlayStation Blog.
Abandoned Territories Map Pack DLC
- DLC playlist added for each game type. This includes both the retail maps and the DLC maps, but the DLC maps should appear much more frequently in the vote.
- Added five unlock rewards - Camo Hat, Dia de los Muertos Mask, Dragonfly Helmet, Ski Mask, and Skimmer Hat.
- Fixed an issue where players on the winning team would occasionally get fully crafted items or machetes from caches, while players on the losing team would get incorrect items.
- Players should no longer get comeback weapons (pre-crafted molotovs / bombs / purchase weapons) when they are winning by more than a small margin.
- Fixed the consistency of comeback weapons spawning — there should be less comeback weapons in close matches and more consistent spawning in severely unbalanced matches. Once a player receives comeback weapons, however, they will not receive them again until a certain amount of progress has occurred in the match.
- 2×4 Spawning logic has been adjusted in Supply Raid and Interrogation:
- Fixed a bug where it would occasionally be impossible for a player to receive a 2×4 in a game.
- Reworked the initial 2×4 spawning logic to make the first 2×4 spawn a bit later to balance the escalation of the match.
- Lowered the overall number of potential 2x4s that could spawn in a match by including weighting based on match progress.
- The additional hit on modded melee weapons has been moved from Brawler Level 1 to Level 2, and the health gain from melee hits moved from Level 2 to 1.
- Added a Parts bonus for late joiners, based on when you join a match in progress. This bridges the gap between players who started from the beginning of the game and might have a Parts advantage over the late joiner.
- When late-joining beyond the first 2 minutes that match will no longer count towards any clan progress or missions.
- Fixed an issue on Checkpoint and Lakeside that had locations where some items could not be picked up.
- Made a fix to prevent players from being able to climb the tilted flag pole on the High School map.
- Fixed an issue with level graphics dropping out on The Dam.
Interrogation Mode Fixes
- Games no longer end in ties unless both teams are on the same section of the unlocking process. If one team has more interrogations than the other, that team will win the match.
- The additional parts bonus for winning by a large margin is only awarded when the lockbox is fully unlocked. Otherwise only the standard win bonus is awarded.
- Killcard now correctly describes whether your character was executed or interrogated.
- Fire on the ground (from a Molotov) now damages the player when they attempt to unlock the lockbox and will properly interrupt the unlock process.
- Sounds have been added to the Interrogation animation
- Fixed a bug where the end-of-match music was not playing in Interrogation mode.
- Intro speech should no longer occasionally be heard twice at the start of the game
- A flashing exclamation mark will be shown on DLC option for when new items are added
- Tweaks to a couple of art assets in the game.