Grand Theft Auto Online: New Title Update Has Stimulus Package Fast Approaching with Title Update 1.04
Players hoping for a quick buck are about to have their online prayers answered. The new Title Update, 1.04, is live now for Grand Theft Auto Online for PlayStation 3 and Rockstar is readying the update for Xbox 360.
Along with a slew of other adjustments and fixes, the most notable thing about the patch is that it clears the way for Rockstar to inflate your online character's bank account with the aforementioned Stimulus Package. By way of an apology for the various errors the game was afflicted with upon launch, Rockstar had promised the sum total of $500,000 to players who were at the mercy of the game's glitches.
As a post on the company's newswire detailed:
"In order to keep the current worldwide in-game economy balanced, we will be providing this GTA$ to players via two deposits of $250,000...Players will first have to install a forthcoming GTAV title update which we expect to happen next week. That title update (1.04)...will also enable the functionality through which we'll be providing this GTA$ stimulus cash to players."
So keep your eyes on your bank accounts, because they should be inflating by $250,000 soon after you grab the update. The remaining quarter-mil should arrive before the month's end.
Here's the complete list of what else the update fixes:
- Fixes numerous issues that were causing vehicle loss and/or loss of vehicle mods
- Fixes an issue where the incorrect car is replaced when choosing to replace a car in a full garage
- Fixes an exploit allowing players to sell the same vehicle multiple times
- Fixes an issue that caused personal vehicles to be duplicated
- Fixes an issue where some players were unable to pay utility bills on an owned apartment or house
- Fixes an issue where players were not getting Crew invites in-game
- Fixes an issue where the starting point for the tutorial race was not appearing
- Fixes issues with joining Jobs from within a player-owned garage
- Fixes issues with players getting stuck while using playlists
- Fixes additional issues causing black screens, long load times, and players getting stuck in the sky cam
- Adds details in the UI to clarify that characters created while Rockstar cloud is unavailable are temporary (non-saved)
- Adds changes to the character creator to make better-looking default characters with the "random" option
- Players now only lose a maximum of 500 GTA$ upon death in Freemode