Grand Theft Auto Online News: Beach Bum Update Now Available
Time to re-enter Los Santos, because the Beach Bum Update is now here, adding in a pirate's booty worth of content that's available in both Grand Theft Auto Online, and the story mode of Grand Theft Auto V. However, only Xbox 360 gamers can grab the update today. PlayStation 3 gamers will have to wait 'til tomorrow.
The update works the same way as a title update, with gamers able to download it as soon as they load up the game. At only 64 MB, it'll be ready before you know it.
Costing nothing, the Beach Bum Update offers new weapons, jobs, vehicles and as the name hints, new beach-themed items that would make Jimmy Buffet swoon. The update also includes new beach-themed Races, Deathmatches, Parachutes, Last Team Standings, Survivals as well as Gang Attacks.
Here's a list of some of the content to expect courtesy of Rockstar:
- "Grass Route II" (Race): In this sequel to the original popular Grass Route Race, go off-road in an epic heat starting on the North bank of the Zancudo River through the treacherous wetlands with a triumphant finish on the beach in North Chumash.
- "Survival on Del Perro Pier" (Survival): Skip the ferris wheel for a deadlier kind of thrill ride as you take on waves of relentless enemies at this beachfront attraction.
- "View of Vespucci" (Parachuting): This leap sends you from 2,980 feet, down towards Vespucci Beach, weaving through palm trees to land on the basketball courts of the rec center. If you've got skills, it's possible to freefall through the first few checkpoints before even opening your chute.
- "Paleto Beach" (Team Deathmatch): The locals complain that not a lot happens in this sleepy town, so do them a favor and wake 'em up with a barrage of gunfire exchanged between you and a rival team. This Team Deathmatch takes place right on the romantic shoreline for 4-8 players.
- "Sundae Driving" (Bike Race): Sure to be a new fan-favorite motorbike race, menace Vespucci Beach on your two-wheel rocket, taking breakneck corners as you try and best the competition.
New vehicles include the BF Bifta dune buggy, Canis Kalahari off-road truck, Bravado Paradise beach camper van, and the Speeder speedboat. Like the rest of the content, the vehicles comes at no cost, and can be purchased from the appropriate websites: All four vehicles will be available at no in-game cost, with the land-based vehicles accessible from the southernsanandreassuperautos.com for the land vehicles, and docktease.com for the new boat. The vehicles will also be accessible in the Story mode for Michael, Trevor, and Franklin.
Weapons included are a new pistol, the SNS, and a Broken Bottle melee weapon, so you can tell War Child to back off, seriously. As for your outfit, you can go Tommy Bahama with board shorts, neon surfer attire, tribal tattoos, shaggy hair, and more.