Grand Theft Auto News: GTA Online's Content Creator Beta Out Today, DLC Coming to Single Player, and PS3 Game Gets Updated
The snow is falling outside, and you're stuck indoors, bored, looking for something new to stave off boredom. Provided your connection to Xbox Live or the PSN is still good, you're in luck. The beta for GTA Online's content creator goes live today, giving the creative minded the chance to shape Los Santos how they see fit.
As a new update on the Rockstar Newswire stated, the Deathmatch and Race Creators Beta "access to some of the same tools" as Rockstar itself. "You can craft your own custom blood-soaked gunfights, high-octane street races, screaming jet dogfights and more. You'll also be able to publish your original Deathmatches and Races via the Rockstar Games Social Club for the whole community to discover, download, play, rate and share. Players can create and customize Jobs for the following modes:
- Team Deathmatch
- GTA Race
- Rally Race
Content that gets the highest ratings and reviews will go on to become "Rockstar Verified Jobs," which will be shared with the GTA Online community. Deathmatch and Race Creators are out today as a free update, with other aspects set to roll out in the future. You can read about some more details that leaked about the content creator here.
The new content creator may keep some at bay, but players are still pining for the ability to plan their own Heists and enact them with their online crew. To these players, Rockstar has said, "Heists are currently in development and we are working very hard to get them as polished and as fun as they can be. Stay tuned for much more detail in the New Year."
For those of you not excited about the game's online arm, there's some good news on the single player mode of Grand Theft Auto V. In another post on the Newswire, Rockstar has promised multiple new content packs in the coming year.
"For those ready to jump back into the story of Grand Theft Auto 5, we have big plans for substantial additions in 2014 continuing Michael, Franklin and Trevor's action, mayhem and unexpected adventures in Southern San Andreas," the post noted.
Unfortunately, no details have been given as to what players could expect from such DLC, but some audio files pulled from the recent Beach Bum Update pointed to some interesting possibilities. Personally, my money's on Trevor's mom making another appearance.
Lastly, the PS3 versiong of GTA V also got an update today in the form of patch 1.07, which is all set for download. The Newswire hasn't provided a complete list of patch notes, but here's a partial list from Rockstar Support:
- Players are now able to sell vehicles that they have purchased from websites.
- Players are now able to run in apartments and garages.
- Reward for being a good sport has been increased from $1,000 to $2,000
- Fixed an issue where a character's tattoos would disappear when encountering cutscenes.
- Corrected an issue where players could make their vehicles and passengers invisible.
- Sticky Bombs can no longer be thrown during the countdown for the starts of GTA Races.
- Resolved issues where players were having problems accessing their accounts.
- Corrected issues with Bounties.
- Fixed an issue where players were charged full price for ammo for Grenade Launchers even if they were only buying one Grenade.
- Fixed an issue where Grenades could be filled up to maximum during UGC GTA Races.
- Team Balancing has been improved, friends and Crew members are now grouped together and Rank is taken into consideration.
- Fixed an issue where if a player has banked all of their cash, they were only charged minimal amounts for dying.
- The Karin Futo can now be recovered normally after being impounded.
- Fixed an exploit where players were able to clone Tanks.
- Respawning has been improved to reduce the chance of repeatedly spawning in the same location.
- Cash rewards have been adjusted in Races, Deathmatches, and Parachuting to allow increases in pay-outs.
- There is now a 25% RP bonus at the end of Deathmatches, Missions, CTF, LTS, Survival, player kills, and AI kills when playing in Free Aim. This gives extra credit for completing actions with more skill.
- Until a Race has been verified, players cannot earn RP in UGC Races.
- Added a new feature to allow easier Personal Vehicle retrieval from the Impound Lot. This has a cost of $250.
- Reduced the chance of being noticed by the Cops in stolen vehicles.
- Impromptu Races can no longer be launched when in a CTF or LTS.
- Holdup Shopkeepers now have access to Ammu-Nation. You have been warned.
- Due to changes in Deathmatches (Weapon Locking), some objectives will no longer appear in this specific type of match.
- Weapon rewards (e.g. Shotgun in cop car) are blocked during weapon locked Deathmatches.
- During Weapon Locked Deathmatches, Ammo Drops will not contain Molotovs.
- Players who do not participate during Survivals can now be flagged as such by other players in the group and removed from the Survival.
- New icons added for differing types of personal vehicle.
- New awards added for the Creators.
- Players are given 1RP for every 'like' they receive for their creations in the Creators.
- Leaderboard functionality has been removed for any non-Rockstar content, i.e. no access to Social Club leaderboards in corona/end of mission, no best laps/personal bests, matched Crew for Head to Head etcetera.
- Passive Mode is now free ($0) to allow players more options when playing with friends.
- Three new public Playlists created for various group sizes, two new Capture-only Playlists, and updates to current themed Playlists with relevant Capture missions.
- A new option has been added to allow players to fill all of their weapons with ammo in Job Coronas. This is a one-off payment costing $20,000. The ability to fill each weapon individually remains.