'Ultra Street Fighter 4' News: Capcom Updates Yang Character Balances, One-Half Of Lee Twins [VIDEO]
Without a doubt, the big news about Ultra Street Fighter IV is the addition of five characters, four of which we've seen before. But that doesn't mean that we'll get the same old versions of the remaining thirty something characters. Capcom has begun releasing a number of videos detailing the various changes coming to the original roster. Here, we'll be looking at one half of the Lee twins, the younger brother Yang.
Yang's come a long way. He debuted in Street Fighter III as nothing more than a simple palette swap of his brother Yun, but now he finally has his own identity. Difficult for a twin. While Yun is a high flyer, Yang has the better ground game, and the changes for him in Ultra have only improved those skills:
* Walk Speed increased - will allow him to close in on the opponent a little quicker than before.
* Start-up decreased on Standing Light Kick - will give player more opportunities to punish opponents
* Increased hitbox on Jumping Medium Kick - will now connect more often during cross-up situations
* Far Standing Medium Punch special cancelable - allows for new combos and an even stronger ground game
* Zenpou Tenshin inflicts 1 point of damage - all follow-up attacks will inflict less damage
* Last hit of Mantis Strike inflicts more damage - will make combos more effective and make Yang an overall stronger character
* Light Senkyutai FADC Forward more punishable on block - players will have to be more cautious, or face being punished
Capcom's Community Manager Peter "The ComboFiend" Rosas walks details the changes a bit more thoroughly in the video below.
In addition to character specific balances, the biggest change coming with Ultra will be the addition of five additional characters. Four are Capcom favorites who've appeared in quite a few games before -- Hugo, Rolento, and the gender bending Poison all made their debut in the arcade classic beat 'em up Final Fight. Rolento would cross over into the Street Fighter world alongside fellow Final Fight alumni Sodom, Cody, and Guy in the Alpha series, and Hugo and Elena would appear in Street Fighter III. In Ultra, they'll all be joined by newcomer Decapre, a Shadowloo Doll along the lines of Cammy, and Juni and Juli from Street Fighter Alpha 3. More info on each fighter at their respective links.
Apart from the new characters and balances, players will also get new stages, all of which featured in Street Fighter X Tekken: Cosmic Elevator, Mad Gear Hideout, Jurassic Era Research Facility, Blast Furnace, and Pitstop 109.
Ultra Street Fighter IV is set to release in a few different forms this summer for both PC and consoles. On June 3, gamers can get a digital upgrade (provided they already have Street Fighter IV) for PS3, PC, and Xbox 360 for $14.99. A full disc / full digital bundle will follow on August 5 for $39.99. PC gamers get access to the same bundle on August 8 for the reduced price of $29.99.