'Marvel Heroes 2015' Anniversary Celebration Coming To A Close With Epic Twelve Event, New Character Packs, Upgrades Available Until July
In celebration of the end of its month long anniversary celebration, Gazillion is pleased to announce the Epic Twelve - End of Anniversary event for their new and improved superhero MMO Marvel Heroes 2015.
The event is similar to the Big Ten event they ran a few months ago, though it's obviously not as great as the SEC event that will be coming down the road.
The event is a culmination of a year's worth of tweaks and updates that saw the original Marvel Heroes go from broken, unloved game to extremely popular, relevant piece of pop culture.
The twelve event features are as follows, per the press release:
- Return of the Reaper - Every few hours, a different game mode will have increased loot, rotating between Terminals, Midtown, and X-Defense and Holo-Sim.
- Even More Cowbell - Log in tomorrow, Saturday, 6/28 for a Cosmic Cow King Crate. Loot for the Bovineheim and Confidential Bovine Sector will also be increased
- Devs with Benefits - Play with the devs, ask them questions & receive codes for mystery gifts.
- Runes Reloaded - Drop rates for the rarest of runes have been increased as well as sale values.
- World Cup Fever - Collect flags from the various World Cup countries for a special item.
- Cosmic Chaos - Cosmic Drop spawn rate has been increased and will drop random a Cosmic Medallion and Cosmic Ring. Cosmic Penta Boosts also make a comeback in the store.
- Summer BBQ - Collect summer BBQ drops including hot dogs and Omega Red Ketchup.
- Alpha Omega - Earn more Omega Orbs as rewards for Shared Quests are tripled and are 10% easier to acquire. Log in each day to receive an extra Omega Orb.
- Teamwork 101 - Team Insignias drop rates will be increased, Team-Up Heroes will deal increased damage and all Team-Up Heroes prices will be 20% off! Log in each day and receive an Epic S.H.I.E.L.D. Team-Up gear.
- Accidents Happen - Server side rarity boost will have a few unexpected increases at random times through each day, lasting anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes.
- Old School - Hero Tokens for any hero have a small chance of dropping across the game.
This weekend will also see the end of the Birthday Cake Event. Collect 365 pieces of delicious and true cake, and any hero over level 30 will be rewarded with a year's worth of goodies. As if cake isn't enough already.
While the Epic Twelve brings the first year of Marvel Heroes 2015 to a close, the devs are not content to merely rest on their laurels. Plenty of new and exciting content is coming to Earth-616. Gazillion will be introducing a new character pack, called 'Bring on the Bad Guys + More', which "include the final 6 playable characters that were included in the original 2013 Advance Pack, three upcoming Heroes and our highly anticipated playable Villains!" Starlord is one of the new characters, and I wonder when he'll be arriving on servers... The new pack costs a hefty $59.99, which is a 60% discount had you bought all of these characters separately.
Best part, even us Mac users can get in on the action! It's a great time to suit up and assemble. Marvel Heroes 2015 is free to play here.