Epic Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Comic Con Trailer Features Gollum, Reveals Celebrimbor, Crafter Of One Ring [VIDEO]
Now that's how you make a story trailer. Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor just brought down the house at the San Diego Comic-Con with this stuning reveal.
The latest Lord of the Rings game, Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor has been compared to Assassin's Creed, as it seems to offer similarly dark and stealh-focused gameplay. The game begins on the night of Sauron’s return to Mordor, as his Black Captains brutally execute the Rangers of the Black Gate.
You will play Talion, a ranger who loses his family in the attack and sets off to stop things on a personal vendetta, aided by a mysterious elven Wraith that joins him on his journey.
There may be spoilers ahead for those of you who want everything to remain a mystery! This Comic Con trailer has revealed an interesting turn of events- it turns out that the Wraith bound to Tailon has quite a connection to Sauron and the Rings of Power, being that he's Celebrimbor, the very elf who crafted the rings!
Thanks to a handy document provided by Warner Bros and Monolith, we can reveal to you everything that's known about this Wraith.
Who is Celebrimbor?
- One of the most powerful elves of the Second Age
- He was responsible for crafting the Rings of Power alongside Sauron
- Celebrimbor was murdered by Sauron. The spirits of the Elves are immortal within Middle-earth, so Celebrimbor chose not to return to the Undying Lands after he was killed
- Celebrimbor wants to destroy the Dark Lord; as Sauron does not have the One Ring, Celebrimbor can become powerful enough to challenge him within Mordor.
- The power of Celebrimbor, as the maker of the Rings, is very closely tied with the power of the Rings
Having him in this (canon!) story is a neat twist and certainly uncharted territory- let's hope the writing and gameplay both are as stellar as the beautiful, almost film-quality graphics are.
Check out the trailer below and await the game's release later this year!