FIFA 13 Gets First Update, Fixes Bugs and Online Issues
The popularity of Electronic Arts' FIFA series is enormous and its popularity is resulting in plenty of gaming issues.
The company is careful to deal with issues and providing improvements when necessary. EA announced its release Wednesday of an important update that will help players experience the game better, while addressing key problems raised by fans.
While the update is already available for the PC version, updates for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 will be available over the weekend.
EA also said in its blog post that it might not be able to address all issues brought to its notice by fans "at once," but stressed the company has "been working extremely hard to prioritize and address the items."
"Some fans may wonder why we can't fix all the known issues at once... We are delivering improvements and fixes in such a way to ensure the millions of people playing FIFA 13 each day do not experience undue or overly lengthy network/server outages, that title updates and other improvements are done to a high quality, and that we're confident the changes will improve the FIFA 13 experience for everyone," the post said.
According to NPD Group, a market research firm, FIFA 13 was the third best-seller in video game retails in September.
Below are the title updates EA is offering which will address some issues pointed out by fans:
* Connection stability in Online Seasons when finding an opponent in the Arena and at kick-off.
* Career Mode freezes while starting a new career with free agents.
* Career Mode hangs when using Game Face.
* Stability in Career Mode when players retire or are being bought back from loan.
* Users will no longer be able to lower difficulty settings in a FUT Seasons match.
* Freeze in FUT Online Tournament HUB on PS3.
* Napoli of Serie A will now have fully authentic kits and crests in FIFA and FIFA Ultimate Team.
* Legacy defending and passing assistance options removed in Pro Clubs.
* Freeze in Pro Clubs Results screen.
* Matchmaking settings in Pro Clubs (with "ANY" and "Match Keeper") will provide the desired results.
* Changes made in National Squad not properly reflected in Manager Mode screen.
* (PC Only) Freeze while retrieving Hospitality Settings.