BioShock: Ultimate Rapture Edition Is Now Available, Includes BioShock 1, BioShock 2 And DLC For Both Games
Irrational Games And 2K Games have released BioShock: Ultimate Rapture Edition for $29.99 on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in North America.
The BioShock: Ultimate Rapture Edition includes BioShock, BioShock 2 and the add-on content for both games, which is valued at more than $40, according to 2K Games. The Rapture Edition also includes a trip to the never-before-seen Museum of Orphaned Concepts, which features early concept art and character models that never made it into BioShock.
"With BioShock Infinite on the horizon, we want to offer gamers new to the franchise a great value in diving into the BioShock experience," said Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K. "The BioShock: Ultimate Rapture Edition brings the complete experience of this critically acclaimed franchise to gamers looking to explore Rapture before discovering Columbia."
Here is a look at the entire list of extra content that comes packaged with the Ultimate Rapture Edition:
- Museum of Orphaned Concepts: Take a tour of a never-before-seen BioShock museum and view early concept art, character models and more set within the halls of Rapture.
- Plasmids Pack: Includes four additional Plasmids and Gene Tonics - Sonic Boom, EVE Saver, Vending Expert and Machine Buster - for use in BioShock.
- Challenge Rooms Pack: Previously exclusive to PS3TM and now available for Xbox 360 for the first time, the pack tests the player's mettle by requiring them to utilize the skills learned while traversing the halls of Rapture to survive three separate puzzle rooms in BioShock.
- Sinclair Solutions Tester: Contains a number of customization features that allow players to further their character's development in BioShock 2 multiplayer modes and provides a deeper multiplayer experience.
- Rapture Metro: Includes six additional multiplayer maps, an additional multiplayer gameplay mode and a rank increase to level 50 for BioShock 2 multiplayer.
- The Protector Trials: Features frantic combat and fast-paced action designed to push players' mastery of weapons and Plasmids in a BioShock 2 single-player experience spread across six maps.
- Minerva's Den: A substantial narrative experience that puts players in the role Subject Sigma and introduces new characters, locations and mystery to the world of Rapture in BioShock 2. Set in a new environment, Rapture Central Computing, Minerva's Den adds a gripping new storyline to extend the BioShock 2 experience.
- Also included, is an exclusive collectable sticker pack from BioShock Infinite's world of Columbia to get gamers ready for the next chapter in the BioShock universe.
The latest game in the series, BioShock Infinite will release on March 26, 2013, for the Xbox 360, Windows PC and PlayStation 3. The game will feature the floating city of Columbia and a new protagonist, former Pinkerton agent Booker DeWitt. Learn more about the creation of Elizabeth here and learn how Irrational Games tackled the issue of racisim in 1912 here.
Check out the game's first five minutes below and tell us what you think of the first five minutes and BioShock: Ultimate Rapture Edition in the comment section below...