Borderlands 2 on PlayStation 3 Gets a Few Hot Fixes
Some minor "hot fixes" are now available for PS3 versions of Borderlands 2, and thankfully, they're pretty easy to get. Connect to the internet, start up the game, and the fixes arrive automatically once you get to the "Press Start" screen.
These are only temporary measures though, and until an actual update arrives, you'll have to do this each time you play. For clarification sakes, as Gearbox defines it:
"A hot fix is automatically applied at the "Press Start" screen when Borderlands 2 is connected to the internet. In general, hot fixes are used to temporarily address issues between major updates. Hot fixes are not permanent -- they are temporarily stored in memory during the game session and lost upon exiting Borderlands 2. To ensure that you receive hot fixes, make sure that your system is connected to the internet when Borderlands 2 boots up."
"An update contains changes that are permanently stored on your system and only needs to be downloaded once. You can download the latest update by launching Borderlands 2 while connected to PlayStation Network. You will be prompted to install the update if you do not already have the latest version. All updates are cumulative; you only need to install the most recent version to receive all updates."
Now you know, and knowing is half the battle. A full list of fixes are below, courtesy of Gearbox support:
- Adjusted Mechromancer's Sweetheart class mod to correctly increase team health.
- Assassin's "Slayer of Terramorphous" class mod no longer includes Gunzerker skill bonus.
- Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage : Critical hits against Midgets now register properly.
- Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage : Rat Thief enemies are no longer allowed in Pete's Bar due to patron concerns regarding excessive theft.
- Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage : Torgue vending machines can now stock up to level 50 legendary weapons.