Guild Wars 2's Bazaar of the Four Winds event is live
Drop in to the virtual world, and tune out the real one, because Guild Wars 2's latest "Living World" event, The Bazar of the Four Winds is all set to go.
As the name alludes, this event focuses on trying to make that gold n' silver. Merchants have gathered to sell their wares all over Tyria, along with a new group, the Zephyrites, who've come via a floating ship that would make Father Comstock proud, the Zephyr Sanctum. It's a new area for players to explore, and can be accessed from the Labyrinthine Cliffs. The Zephyrites bring "Aspects" with them, powers that players can utilize through crystals that can be found throughout the world.
Alongside the "Aspects," there are plenty of other additions to Guild Wars 2 courtesy of the Bazaar event. A recent ArenaNet blog post detailed them, some of which you can read below:
- Belcher's Bluff Mini-game: Players can challenge their friends in this new, permanent mini-game.
- Sanctum Sprint Race: Navigate a dizzying obstacle course in this competitive race.
- Lessons from the Sky Scavenger Hunt: Players will need to show their mastery of wind, sun and lightning as they search for Sky Crystals and explore hard-to-reach places in the Labyrinthine Cliffs.
- Personal Quartz Node: Players completing the update will be able to harvest quartz in their home instances, allowing them to craft new recipes.
- Zephyr Sanctum Model: Players who complete the Lessons from the Sky achievement will be awarded a miniature model of the Zephyr Sanctum, allowing them to view the ship at any time, even after it has flown away.
- Account Achievement Reward System: Starting with this release, players can unlock rewards like exclusive new armour skins, weapon skins and permanent account bonuses as they earn achievement points. They can also earn laurels, gems, gold, powerful items, and PvP and WvW rewards as achievement scores grow.
There's also a new PvP Map called Skyhammer, for which ArenaNet released a trailer showing the new map.