Controller Support To Come For All Steam Powered Games
Steam has continuously increased its scope through the years. With a dynamic collection of games and increasing usage flexibility, Steam is the most preferred gaming method chosen by millions of gamer worldwide. And today, gaming experience is about to get even better as Steam anticipates arrival of new controller support for all Steam games.
The update to Steam client beta offered an extensive first glance to what gamers can expect in the future. The beta update incorporates support for Xbox One and Xbox 360 along with every other X-input controllers. Gamers can now map keyboard and mouse controls to suit their preference says Game Rant. This update is even applicable to games with built-in controller support.
It was in October last year that Valve engineer Jeff Bellinghausen announced that they are preparing to offer native support for the DualShock 4 PS4 controller. Polygon says that with the beta update now running perfectly in place, gamers can new choose over a variety of option on how they can enjoy their favorite games.
Steam's Beta update comes with a number of other quick fixes which include added support for Big Picture overlay keyboard and improved display for MacOS with retina enablers. Linux Steam users can also expect improvements.
Read the full Steam client beta note updates below:
- Clear errors for failed installations due to lack of disk space
- Overlay keyboard added support for games that have launchers
- Improved display on ices macOS retina enabled devices
- Steam runtime and host distribution libraries improved
- Close-to-tray behavior unified with other platforms
- Idle detection; friend status automatically switches to Away/Snooze
- Fixed Steam not obeying SIGTERM
- Fixed keyboard input and cursor switching in overlay for Vulkan applications
- XBox 360, Xbox One, and Generic X-Input controller configurator support
- Recognition of previously unrecognized Generic X-Input gamepad style controllers
- Disable Guide Button issuing a Steam focus change.
- Fix for free-floating On Screen Keyboard running very slowly
- Independent horizontal/vertical scaling to joystick move and mouse
Valve is yet to confirm the exact update but players can expect that Steam outages could be gone soon.