'Killzone Shadow Fall' Update News: Intercept DLC Gets E3 2014 Trailer, Artwork Details Combat Roles [VIDEO, IMAGES]
Intercept, Guerilla Games' first big multiplayer DLC for Killzone: Shadow Fall was announced last month, but it wasn't 'til this year's E3 that gamers got their first real peek at it. A new trailer is out for the DLC, and some new artwork details everything you need to know about the new combat roles.
Intercept is all about teamplay, so it's best for you and a group of buddies. Communication will help with the DLC's frenetic, arcade style action where you and your crew take on endless waves of Helghast troops.
According to a post over at the PlayStation Blog, "Mastering your assigned Combat Role - Assault, Marksman, Medic or Tactician - is vital to your success, as you can probably tell from the trailer. For instance, a Tactician with a well-placed turret will be able to keep the enemy at bay and buy other team members precious time, while an attentive Marksman can spot flanking attempts and randomly spawned Petrusite capacitors for his team."
Here's a closer look at some of those classes:
* Abilities: Sentry Turret x3, Nano Shield
* Default Loadout: L512 SMG, E-Pulse Grenade x2
* Abilities - Use enemy weapons, Guard Drone, Health Pack, Speed Dash
* Default Loadout - Modified Ls70 Fors, M55 Rumbler with ACOG Scope, Laser Trip Mine x3
* Abilities - Revive Player, Supply Box x2, Medi-Drone
* Default Loadout - L521 Valk, E-Pulse Grenade x2
* Abilities - Use enemy weapons, Buddy Drone, Health Pack, Speed Dash
* Default Loadout - LS36 Breacher, M55 Rumbler with Grenade Launcher, Frag Grenade x2
If you're good enough, you can use Petrusite capacitors to activate any number of bonuses, from restocking all your health and ammo, to calling in mortar strikes, and letting all players deal double damage.
Not enough for ya? Fine, check out the new trailer below.
Intercept will be released as a DLC expansion pack for Killzone: Shadow Fall on June 24. Interested, but dont have a copy of the game? No problem, the DLC is also going standalone later this year. Season Pass owners get the content for free, while others will have to pay, but an exact price hasn't been released yet.