Mortal Kombat X News Round-Up: Fatality Footage, Story, Characters- Watch A Full Scorpion Vs Sub-Zero Match [VIDEO]
The highly customized Unreal 3 Engine graphics of Mortal Kombat X have made some folks who've had a chance to play it or see footage of the game uncomfortable with the amount of realistically rendered graphical violence. Not us!
Scroll all the way down for the PAX-streamed Twitch video of a Mortal Kombat X match between Kano and Raiden and one between Sub Zero and Scorpion. And just because we like you - a post-PAX updated list of tidbits we know about the game so far:
- Sub Zero
- Kitana uncertain (a fan tweeted to Ed Boon she was dead and therefore couldn't return, to which he said "you know this is Mortal Kombat, right?")
- D'Vorah, a woman who controls insects.
- Cassie Cage, the daughter of Johnny Cage and Sonya Blade.
- Kotal Kahn, an Aztec-inspired blood god.
- Ferra and Torr, a Master-Blaster like duo of a little person woman riding an armored giant dude.
Every character will have three outfits, emphasizing different fighting styles. Wear a different outfit? You'll be playing a different character almost.
Master Of Storms: set electricity based traps on the battlefield
Displacer: various teleportation and mobility powers.
Thunder God: increases hits to some normal attacks and adds Enhanced Lightning.
Kotal Kahn's variants
Blood God: you can plant boosting totems
War God: macuahuitl based special moves
Hellfire, Ninjitsu, Inferno
Sub Zero's variants:
Cryomancer, Grandmaster, Unbreakable
Cutthroat, Commando, (third unknown)
There will be NO DC characters as bonus downloads, nor will Kiefer Sutherland have any involvement in the game. Freddy Krueger, a popular MK9 bonus character, is still up for debate. There will be no Street Fighter cross-over.
The game uses the Unreal 3 engine, highly customized. 60 fps, 1080p promised even on last-gen consoles.