Halo The Master Chief Collection Update: New Patch Adds Halo 4 Spartan Ops Missions, More Crucial Multiplayer Fixes
Halo: The Master Chief Collection has already come a long way from its barely-functioning launch state, but the developers at 343 have continued to fix and tweak remaining issues with another patch. The new update also adds Halo 4's Spartan Ops missions to the collection.
The matchmaking is currently much faster than the first few weeks, and problems are fewer in general, but the game still doesn't function perfectly. There are workarounds for most issues (including quitting and re-launching the game, which gets old), but the overall experience is much more troublesome than necessary.
The latest patch, released yesterday evening, aims to fix roster and party issues that still irritate players. Some of the difficulties of keeping a party together should be addressed, and (if it works), games will no longer start unless teams are even--a huge boon to reducing frustrating matches.
Without further ado, here are the full patch notes:
- Added the entirety of Halo 4's Spartan Ops mode
- Made an update to make sure a match only starts when teams are even.
- Players will now receive a 'loss' when disconnecting before a round has ended.
- Made an update to include all split screen players in vote tally.
- Resolved an issue that caused players to become stuck "Joining Session."
- Resolved an issue where players could be dropped from matchmaking after disconnecting their controller.
General Multiplayer Updates:
- Made additional improvements to Halo: CE hit registration.
- Made an update to the "Halo 2: Anniversary Career Progress" page to ensure achievements are correctly tracked.
- Fixed an issue where it took a long time to join players that are in a Multiplayer lobby.
General UI/Menu Updates:
- Made additional improvements to Roster update times.
- Fixed Halo 3 game type text when viewing saved data in "My Files".
Halo 2: Anniversary Campaign:
- Fixed an issue where the 'Black Eye Skull' incorrectly prevented players from reaching checkpoints.
- Fixed an issue where cross-game playlists could fail to progress to the next level.
- Made several fixes to Campaign Playlist Carnage Reports.
- Fixed an issue where Halo 3 Cooperative Playlist progress would not save correctly when completing a mission.
- Made changes to ensure that Competitive Scoring and Timing are tracked correctly in Halo CE and Halo 2 Campaign Playlists.
Stats & Medals:
- Made updates to improve stat tracking.
- Fixed an issue where the "Steaktacular" medal would not be correctly awarded in Halo 3.
- Fixed an issue where the "Supercombine" medal would be incorrectly awarded in the Halo 4 Campaign.
- Made an update to ensure that the "Flaming Ninja Anniversary" achievement unlocks when prerequisites are met.
- Updated the Halo 2 "Boxer" Button Layout.
- Updated the Halo 4 "Legacy" Thumbstick Layout.
- Made several updates to improve overall game stability.