Call of Duty: Ghosts News - Multiplayer Levels, Modes, and Weapons Leak
Think that fighting aliens over zombies was all the exciting news you were gonna get from Call of Duty: Ghosts? Hardly. Ahead of the game's release next month, an intrepid Instagram member got a hold of the list of the game's multiplayer maps and modes, while another on Twitter rooted out the game's entire selection of fire arms.
Infinity Ward has been talking about the Freefall map since the summer, but thanks to Instagram user mute0909, we have the list of maps and modes (with a brief description) for Ghosts multiplayer, which you can check out below:
- Free Fall (Bonus Map)
- Prison Break
- Blitz - Make it to the portal on the enemy's spawn point.
- Cranked - Kill enemies before the timer ends. Each kill restarts the timer.
- Domination - Capture and hold the flags. Every two seconds a flag is held, the team gets a point. First team to 200 points wins.
- Free-for-All - Every man for himself. First player to 30 kills is the winner.
- Grind - Recover dog tags and take them to the objective marker to score for your team.
- Hunted - Available in both team and free-for-all. Resources are limited. Fight for control of weapon drops to gain superiority.
- Infected - Eliminated players become Infected. Last player to survive when the timer ends wins.
- Kill Confirmed - Recover dog tags to gain points for your team. First team to 100 points wins.
- Search and Destroy - Teams take turns defending or trying to destroy the objective. Every player has
- Search and Rescue - Teams take turns defending or trying to destroy the objective. Recover dog tags to allow or deny respawns.
- Team Deathmatch - Kill players on the enemy team. First team to reach score limit wins.
Last up, we have the guns. Despite taking place in the future, Ghosts' plot won't let you fire off any kind of futuristic ray gins, meaning players will be using the tried and true lead spreaders of this era. Twitter user Espadah managed to grab hold of the list, and shared his findings with the rest of the world. Check out the complete list below:
- Remington R5
- Honey Badger
Light Machine Guns
- Chain SAW
Sub Machine Guns
- Vector CRB
- Tac 12
- Mk 14 EBR
- SVU Dragunov
Call of Duty: Ghosts takes place in a near future following an attack from space (not aliens) that leaves Los Angeles virtually wiped out, and the US infrastructure devastated. Years later, the country is invaded by a new superpower calling itself the "Federation." What's left of America's special forces have come together to form the titular "Ghosts," and it's up to them to wage guerilla warfare against the Federation in order to protect what remains of the United States, and drive the Federation out.
Beyond the campaign, gamers are also expecting a lot from the game's multiplayer mode, which promises a slew of different customization options for weapons, character camos, and more. over 30 new weapons have been confirmed, alongside old favorites like the UMP45 and the M4A1.
Players are able to peek around cover while still being able to fire, automatically mantle objects, and customize their character. Finally, it was stated that players will be able to activate environmental hazards, rather than the hazards automatically activating without player interference. It will also allow players to do some hidden sub-missions which will result in new twists in the campaign storyline. Campaign is linear, but hidden sub-missions will be Easter egg-like, and they will be unlocked if players pick up certain objects or if they do a specific action.
Call of Duty: Ghosts is out on November 5 on for PC, PS3, Xbox 360 and the Wii U. It will be available as a launch title for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One when the consoles release later that month.