Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn Patched, Comes In at Over 650 MB
With Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII's less than savory reviews, best stay with Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, especially with developer Square Enix continuing to update the game. A new patch is out for the game today, 2.16, which, at 657.55 MB, brings in a whole cluster of tweaks and new content additions.
Square Enix's official site for the game has listed and detailed all the changes, which you can check out below. Just be warned, what lies below is far from light reading:
- Alliance members will now be visible during the initial cutscene of the Labyrinth of the Ancients.
- Dhorme Chimera and Hydra from the quest "A Relic Reborn" can now be challenged via the Duty Finder. Players who have completed the quest "A Relic Reborn" can unlock these trials:
* Dhorme Chimera: Coerthas Central Highlands
* The Weeping Saint, Hydra: Eastern Thanalan - Halatali
- For battlecraft leves that require the collection of items, the guildleve icon will now be displayed on the minimap and next to the requested item's name plate.
- The FATE "Making Waves" has been relocated to Western La Noscea (X:11, Y:14).
- The following features have been added to the free company interface:
* Activity Notices under ACTIVITY can be filtered using the following options: Entitlements/Membership/Organizational/Actions/Housing/Garden. Gardening will be implemented in patch 2.2.
* The maximum number of activity notices displayed has been increased to 200."Applications" has been added to Hierarchy Settings under RANK.
* Several categories have been added to the Company Profile: By selecting Edit Profile under INFO, players can change the following Company Profile settings: Focus, Seeking, Active, Recruitment
* Players unaffiliated with a free company can now submit an application to join another player's free company.
Submitting an Application
1. Target a member of your desired free company, then select View Company Profile from the subcommand menu.
2. Select Submit Application at the bottom of the Company Profile window.
3. Enter a message to be sent with your application, then press Confirm to submit.
4. If your application has been accepted, you will be able to join the free company.
Withdrawing an Application
1. Select Free Company from the Social Menu to view the profile of the free company you applied to join.
2. From the Company Profile window, select Withdraw Application.
3. When a confirmation window appears, select Yes to confirm your withdrawal.
Approving an Application
1. Select Edit Profile on the Company Profile tab under INFO, then check the box next to "Accept applications."
2. A list of players who have submitted applications to join your free company will appear under MEMBERS on the Applicants tab.
3. Select a name and open the subcommand menu to approve or deny that player's application.
- Market boards and summoning bells have been added to the residential districts - Mist, Lavender Beds, The Goblet
- The company chest furnishing placed inside an estate will now display your free company's crest.
* Your free company crest will appear automatically upon setting a company chest inside your estate.
- The confirmation prompt displayed when setting furnishings can now be turned off by unchecking the "Item Bind Prompt" box at the bottom of the Indoor Furnishings and Outdoor Furnishings windows.
- The moogle letter box furnishing will now light up when mail arrives.
- To prevent players from becoming stuck between furnishings, continued character movement will temporarily disable collision detection.
- Other player characters will no longer be displayed in certain event areas.
- Certain NPCs in Revenant's Toll have been relocated.
- A summoning bell has been placed in Revenant's Toll (X:22, Y:6).
- The period during which players are unaffected by curative magic after being revived has been reduced.
- The Sic and Obey pet commands can now be activated without a target present. Furthermore, pets will remain set to either command even when re-summoned. Upon logging out, pets will revert to Sic by default.
- When using the Sic or Obey commands while a pet is moving, queued actions will not be canceled if no other commands are given.
- Eos and Selene will now continue to follow their owners even when switching between the Sic and Obey commands.
- Eos and Selene can now use Embrace on non-party members when set to Obey.
- Summoner and Scholar are now counted as separate jobs when determining the speed at which the limit break gauge is filled.
- Players will now be revived automatically after exiting an instance while incapacitated.
- The respawn rate of enemies in the following areas has been adjusted: Western La Noscea - HalfstoneWestern La Noscea - Sapsa Spawning GroundsOuter La Noscea - Iron LakeOuter La Noscea - U'Ghamaro Mines
- The appearance of enemy action indicators has been changed.
ITEMS - New items have been added.
* Crimson Standard Bracelet - Item Level: 55/Equipment Level: 50 - Increases Spiritbond Gain +2
* Lily and Serpent Bracelet - Item Level: 55/Equipment Level: 50 - Increases Spiritbond Gain +2
* Tipping Scales Bracelet - Item Level: 55/Equipment Level: 50 - Increases Spiritbond Gain +2
* Master Gladiator's Ring - Item Level: 55/Equipment Level: 50 - VIT +7/Parry +11/Critical Hit Rate +8/Reduced Durability Loss +10
* Master Pugilist's Ring - Item Level: 55/Equipment Level: 50 - STR +7/Determination +7/Skill Speed +8/Reduced Durability Loss +10
* Master Marauder's Ring - Item Level: 55/Equipment Level: 50 - VIT +7/Parry +8/Accuracy +11/Reduced Durability Loss +10
* Master Lancer's Ring - Item Level: 55/Equipment Level: 50 - STR +7/Critical Hit Rate +11/Determination +5/Reduced Durability Loss +10
* Master Archer's Ring - Item Level: 55/Equipment Level: 50 - DEX +7/Accuracy +11/Critical Hit Rate +8/Reduced Durability Loss +10
* Master Conjurer's Ring - Item Level: 55/Equipment Level: 50 - MND +7/PIE +6/Determination +5/Reduced Durability Loss +10
* Master Thaumaturge's Ring - Item Level: 55/Equipment Level: 50 - INT +7/Determination +7/Spell Speed +8/Reduced Durability Loss +10
* Master Arcanist's Ring - Item Level: 55/Equipment Level: 50 - INT +7/MND +7/Critical Hit Rate +8/Spell Speed +11/Reduced Durability Loss +10
* Master Carpenter's Ring - Item Level: 55/Equipment Level: 50 - CP +17/Reduced Durability Loss +10
* Master Blacksmith's Ring - Item Level: 55/Equipment Level: 50 - CP +17/Reduced Durability Loss +10
* Master Armorer's Ring - Item Level: 55/Equipment Level: 50 - CP +17/Reduced Durability Loss +10
* Master Goldsmith's Ring - Item Level: 55/Equipment Level: 50 - CP +17/Reduced Durability Loss +10
* Master Leatherworker's Ring - Item Level: 55/Equipment Level: 50 - CP +17/Reduced Durability Loss +10
* Master Weaver's Ring - Item Level: 55/Equipment Level: 50 - CP +17/Reduced Durability Loss +10
* Master Alchemist's Ring - Item Level: 55/Equipment Level: 50 - CP +17/Reduced Durability Loss +10
* Master Culinarian's Ring - Item Level: 55/Equipment Level: 50 - CP +17/Reduced Durability Loss +10
* Master Miner's Ring - Item Level: 55/Equipment Level: 50 - GP +22/Reduced Durability Loss +10
* Master Botanist's Ring - Item Level: 55/Equipment Level: 50 - GP +22/Reduced Durability Loss +10
* Master Fisher's Ring - Item Level: 55/Equipment Level: 50 - GP +22/Reduced Durability Loss +10
* Paragon's Gown - Item Level: 55/Equipment Level: 50 - STR +13／DEX +13／VIT +14 ／INT +13／MND +13／PIE +12
* Chocobo Suit - Item Level: 1/Equipment Level: 1
- Craftsmanship, control, and CP parameters now influence the success rate and HQ rate of Quick Synthesis.
- When using high quality material to craft an item, the next crafting attempt will not default to normal quality material.
* Closing the crafting log will default back to normal quality material.
- New gathering points requiring a high Gathering rating will be introduced in patch 2.2. In preparation for this change, actions can no longer be used to improve the gathering rate of items at 0%.
* Gathering rate will only reach 0% when accessing certain high-level gathering points with an extremely low Gathering rating.
- Players can now preview dyes before applying them to gear - The preview function does not require possession of the dye in question. Furthermore, display of unaffected gear can be toggled off. A preview of all currently equipped gear with the same color dye is also available.
- The following subcommands are now available when targeting a minion: Dismiss/Emote/Mark/Focus Target
- The size of certain minions has been adjusted.
- A ready check command has been implemented to confirm the status of party members before or during a duty:
1. Select Ready Check from the social menu.
2. Players will have 30 seconds to confirm their readiness.
3. After the 30 seconds have elapsed, the Ready Check window will be displayed.
- The following changes have been made to the Duty Finder:
* "A Relic Reborn: The Chimera" and "A Relic Reborn: The Hydra" have been added to the Duty Finder.
* A Clear Selection button has been added to the Duty Finder interface.
* Melee DPS and ranged DPS requirements for the Wolves' Den are now listed in the Duty Finder.
* The Add Member window which formerly displayed after a party member went offline will no longer appear.
* Please use the Vote Dismiss function to remove offline party members.In the event you do not meet the requirements for a duty, a detailed error message indicating unfulfilled requirements will now be displayed.
- The following features have been added to the Party Finder interface - Players can now refresh the list of recruiting parties using the Refresh Search Results button.
- Players can now receive periodic notifications of the number of parties recruiting members via the log window. To activate this function, select Display Periodic Recruitment Notifications in the Party Finder interface.
- Players can now cancel party invitations that have not yet been accepted. To cancel invitations, select your name from the party member list and select Cancel All Party Invitations.
- A Wish List feature has been added to the market board - Players can register up to 10 items to their Wish List.
* Wish List contents cannot be viewed by other players.The Demand category has been added to the Market Board sort options.The total number of players who have added an item to their Wish Lists will be used to calculate demand, which will be displayed in search results.
* All Wish List data will be cleared when Worlds undergo maintenance. When using Free Search on the Market Board, entering three characters or more will display all relevant search results.
- New achievement rewards have been added.
* The Turquoise Cannon. Complete 500 company levequests for the Maelstrom. Reward - Crimson Standard bracelet
* The Ironwood Leaf. Complete awarded for 500 company levequests for the Order of the Twin Adder. Reward - Lily and Serpent bracelet
* The Silver Scales. Complete 500 company levequests for the Immortal Flames. Reward - Tipping Scales bracelet
* Bump on a Log: Gladiator. Complete all gladiator entries in the hunting log. Reward - master gladiator's ring
* Bump on a Log: Pugilist. Complete all pugilist entries in the hunting log. Reward - master pugilist's ring
* Bump on a Log: Marauder. Complete all marauder entries in the hunting log. Reward - master marauder's ring
* Bump on a Log: Lancer. Complete all lancer entries in the hunting log. Reward - master lancer's ring
* Bump on a Log: Archer. Complete all archer entries in the hunting log. Reward - master archer's ring
* Bump on a Log: Conjurer. Complete all conjurer entries in the hunting log. Reward - master conjurer's ring
* Bump on a Log: Thaumaturge. Complete all thaumaturge entries in the hunting log. Reward - master thaumaturge's ring
* Bump on a Log: Arcanist. Complete all arcanist entries in the hunting log. Reward - master arcanist's ring
* I Made That: Carpenter III. Craft 100 unique carpenter recipes. Reward - master carpenter's ring
* I Made That: Blacksmith III. Craft 190 unique blacksmith recipes. Reward - master blacksmith's ring
* I Made That: Armorer III. Craft 170 unique armorer recipes. Reward - master armorer's ring
* I Made That: Goldsmith III. Craft 270 unique goldsmith recipes. Reward - master goldsmith's ring
* I Made That: Leatherworker III. Craft 220 unique leatherworker recipes. Reward - master leatherworker's ring
* I Made That: Weaver III. Craft 250 unique weaver recipes. Reward - master weaver's ring
* I Made That: Alchemist III. Craft 110 unique alchemist recipes. Reward - master alchemist's ring
* I Made That: Culinarian III. Craft 120 unique culinarian recipes. Reward - master culinarian's ring
* I Found That: Miner III. Gather 50 unique items as a miner. Reward - master miner's ring
* I Found That: Botanist III. Gather 100 unique items as a botanist. Reward - master botanist's ring
* I Caught That III. Catch 160 unique fish. Reward - master fisher's ring
* Destiny's Child. Successfully complete 3,000 FATEs. Reward - paragon's gown
* Bosom Buddies III. See your companion chocobo to rank 10. Reward - chocobo suit
* Achievement rewards can be redeemed by speaking with Jonathas in Old Gridania (X:10, Y:6).
- Players can now summon a mount at random.To summon a mount at random, select Mount Roulette from the list of actions found in the General tab of the Actions & Traits interface, or set it to your hotbar.
* Mount Roulette is only available after obtaining at least two mounts.
- Players can now summon a minion at random. To summon a minion at random, select Minion Roulette from the list of actions found in the General tab of the Actions & Traits interface, or set it to your hotbar.
* Minion Roulette is only available after obtaining at least two minions.
- The Item Sort function has been adjusted to improve sorting of certain high quality and normal quality items. To improve usability for colorblind players, the marking for gear unequippable by your current class or job has been changed from green to blue.
* Red: The selected gear's level requirements are not met by any of your classes or jobs.
* Blue: The selected gear's level requirements are not met by your current class or job.
- The following changes have been made to gear sets.
* Gear sets will now automatically substitute the main arm when the registered item is not available.
* Gear sets will now distinguish between gear affixed with materia.
- Chocobo barding that cannot be equipped by your chocobo will now be grayed out.
- The arrangement of items in the armoire has been changed.
- Timeworn maps have been added to the Timers window under Duty on the Main Menu.
- The number of FATEs viewable on the Recommendations list has been increased.
- Players can now customize order of appearance for quests in the Duty List.
* Check the boxes beside quest names in the Journal to display them atop the Duty List. Up to five quests may be selected.
- Quest objective completion icons will now also appear in the Journal.
- The following features have been added to the Moogle Delivery Service
* A Sent Letter History feature has been added.
- When attaching an item to a leatter, the item name will now appear in the log window.
* In the event the letter cannot be sent, a message will appear in the log window indicating whether the item was returned to your inventory or armoury chest.
- To prevent accidental use of the auto-run function using a gamepad or controller, auto-run can no longer be initiated when manipulating the camera with the right analog stick.
* An option to disable auto-run entirely has also been added.
- To better accommodate varying play styles using both gamepads and keyboards, the following configuration options have been added.
* round Targeting Settings: Locked to Cursor, Unlocked
Players can now enable the cross hotbar when using mouse and keyboard controls.
- Players can now disable the pet hotbar when using mouse and keyboard controls (Windows version only).
- Waymarks have been added - Using waymarks, players can mark select areas on the field that can be seen by party and alliance members. Waymarks can be accessed under Social on the Main Menu.
* A waymark can be removed by using the same waymark at a different location, or by selecting Clear Waymarks.
- The following adjustments have been made to ground targeting for gamepads and controllers:
* When using a skill that requires ground targeting, your character will enter ground targeting mode, which will be indicated onscreen.
* When ground targeting is set to Locked to Cursor, the targeting circle will always appear at the cursor's default position.
* When ground targeting is set to Unlocked, the targeting circle can be freely controlled by pressing RB/R1+Left Stick.
* Cursor position will be saved until the game client is closed.
- When using signs to mark players, a message will now appear in the log window.
- In order to improve mouse targeting, the following adjustments have been made:
* The clickable target box for characters has been enlarged.
* An option to highlight potential targets has been added. To enable this feature, select "Highlight potential targets." on the Target tab under Control Settings in the Character Configuration interface. Target highlighting is disabled by default. Certain objects cannot be highlighted using this function.
- The focus target bar will now remain visible even when the indicated target is no longer on screen.
- Mounts will now affect the size of character target boxes, as well as their target rings.
- Pressing the Pause key will now turn your character's head toward the camera - Press and hold the Pause key to have your character turn to face toward the camera. Release the Pause key and your character will continue to face the same direction. Press Pause again to cancel.
* Selecting a target or moving will cancel this function.
- Camera positioning when players are near walls has been adjusted.
- Players can now zoom out and achieve an overhead view when locked on to large targets.
- The online status New Adventurer has been added - To set your online status to New Adventurer, select your character in the Party Members tab of the Social interface, then choose Edit Search Info.
* The New Adventurer status can only used by characters with less than 20 hours of playtime and less than 80 achievement points.
- The New Adventurer status can only used by characters with less than 20 hours of playtime and less than 80 achievement points.
* Online status will no longer be displayed for alliance members outside your party.
- The following changes have been made to the mouse mode Main Menu:
* Windows of the Main Menu will now open with a single click, even when a previous window is still open.
* Pressing cancel while viewing a window of the Main Menu will return the cursor to the previously selected Main Menu category.
- The Character interface will now remember the most recently viewed tab until the game client is closed.
- When a friend request is received, selecting the request notification will now display the friend registration confirmation window.
- Currently targeted treasure chests will be deselected upon opening the lot window.
- When interacting with event objects that require an additional hotbar, a sound will now play when the additional hotbar is activated.
- Hotbar macro icons will now display an additional marking to better distinguish between macros and actions.
- Font size settings will now affect text entered in the chat log window.
- When typing in Japanese, an icon will now be displayed on the chat log window indicating your current input mode.
- The /uireset command has been added.*
Using this text command will revert the HUD layout to the default setting, and return all closed windows to default positions.
- The following features have been added to the /macroicon text command - Add one of the text commands below to the first line of a macro to change its icon as follows:
* /macroicon "gearset number" gearset - Displays the specified gear set's icon.
* /macroicon "general action" "general - Displays the icon of actions from the General tab of the Actions & Traits menu.
* /macroicon "mount name" mount - Displays the icon of the specified mount.
* /macroicon "minion name" minion - Displays the icon of the specified minion.
* /macroicon "emote name" emote - Displays the icon of the specified emote.
* /macroicon "sign name" marking - Displays the icon of the specified sign.
- Players can now use the syntax in place of the /wait command.* "number" can be any digit between 1 and 60.
* Example - Using Raise on a target one second after Swiftcast
/action Swiftcast, /action Raise
- By using the syntax, players can now use the wait function together with other actions on a single line.
* Please note the original /wait command can still be used if desired.
- When the /action or /petaction commands are used and a target is not specified, macros will now function in the same way as regular actions.
* Example - The macro /action "Fast Blade" can now be used on targets selected with the target circle, the macro /action "Cure" can now be used to heal oneself even if no target is present.
The following actions have been added to the Actions & Traits menu.
* General - Mount RouletteMinion, Roulette
* Main Commands - Waymarks, Ready Check
- The following settings have been added to the Character Configuration menu:Control Settings, Hotbar Settings, Log Window Settings
- The following options have been added to the log filter under the Announcements tab: Party Recruitment Notifications, Sign Messages for PC Targets
- The following settings have been added to the System Configuration menu: Display Settings (Windows Only), Gamepad (Controller) Settings, Other Settings
- The following settings have been added to the Keybind menu:
* Movement Tab - Face Camera
* Shortcuts Tab - Waymarks
* System Tab - Cycle through HUD Components (Back)
- Notifications for replies from customer support will now have a unique identifying icon - Messages from customer support can be viewed under the History tab of the Support Desk menu. Once a reply from customer support has been viewed, the notification icon will no longer appear. Furthermore, in accordance with this change, the priority for moogle letter notifications has been changed as follows:
* High - A reply from Support
* - A GM moogle letter
* Normal - A regular moogle letter
- Wet surface effects have been added - Player models will now appear wet in inclement weather, when immersed in water, or when struck by water-based attacks.
- Players can now see their breath in cold areas.
- Several cutscenes have been made skippable
- An explanation of camera controls has been added to the character creation screen.
- Players can now load character appearance data created for the beta test and benchmark.
- An issue wherein the recast timer for additional skills reset when changing classes in town.
- An issue wherein damage from certain attacks affected the display of HP in the party member list.
- An issue wherein the stats displayed in pet action help text were affected by player parameters.
- An issue wherein a pet's actions were canceled if its battle stance was changed while moving.
- An issue wherein the skills Esuna and Leeches did not remove the effects of Wind Bite or Phantom Dart.
- An issue wherein enemies appeared before system information was displayed during certain battlecraft leves.
- An issue wherein spawning animations did not display for enemies during certain grand company leves.
- An issue wherein enemies did not receive the reduced HP effect when spawned during certain grand company leves.
- An issue wherein text did not appear on screen during certain grand company leves.
- An issue wherein details of the item initially selected in the Gear Set Viewer interface did not appear.
- An issue with the /marking text command wherein the Signs window would close when using an incorrect sign name or incorrect target.
- An issue wherein icons did not display correctly in the Duty List for Tradecraft leves.
- An issue wherein certain pet action icons did not display properly using the /macroicon text command.
* When using pet action icons, the pet name can be omitted from the text command. However, when multiple pets use the same action, such as Eos and Selene using Embrace, please specify the pet name to distinguish between multiple pets. (Example: /macroicon Embrace pet Selene)
- An issue wherein the help text for certain actions and status effects did not display properly.
- An issue wherein when an additional application to join the free company is sent while waiting for the approval to another free company, a message included in the application to both free companies will be deleted.
- An issue wherein the changes to the off hand under the armoury system, such as equipping a shield, will not be reflected to the preview for dyeing equipments.
- An issue wherein when the furnishings that are placed on the estate ground are painted directly from the furnishing window under the "Housing" menu and the window is re-opened, the color before the paint will be displayed on the color icon of the furnishings.
- An issue wherein the graphics of a certain character that appears in the cutscene of Hildibrand side story quest will be displayed incorrectly.An issue wherein the image format of the screenshot cannot be changed on the PlayStation 3 version of the game.