American Horror Freak Show Spoilers: We Recap All This Season's Craziest Moments [VIDEO]
American Horror Story: Freak Show is on break until next week. To get you all caught up we're doing a quick recap of the important events from the first half of the season. If you haven't seen the season yet, there are spoilers below.
1. The original big bad of the show, Twisty the Clown has been replaced by Dandy Mott (Finn Wittrock) after the clown was taken by Edward Mordake during the Halloween special. Dandy has turned out to be a right psycho and so far has managed to murder his maid, his mother, and a literal Tupperware party. He continues to get away with such murders because he's really, really rich.
2. Jimmy (Evan Peters) is in jail for the aforementioned Tupperware situation. The police took Jimmy into custody under the belief that he was the one that was responsible for the murder of the women at the party. Stanley (Denis O'Hare), resident con artist and murder mastermind, stepped in to offer him a solution to his problem. A high class lawyer in exchange for one pair of lobster boy hands.
3. Maggie (Emma Roberts) tells Desiree (Angela Basset) the truth about what Stanley is up to and takes her to the Museum where Desiree sees the body of Ma Petite and the head of Salty while Maggie stumbles onto Jimmy's hands.
4. Pepper (Naomi Grossman) is returned to her family and we finally have the connection between season 4 and 2 of the show. The poor girl was framed for the murder of her sister's baby. The husband was actually the one that killed the child. The family sends her to Briarcliff with Sister Mary Eunice (Lily Rabe) where we see a jump forward in time that features a magazine that shows Elsa (Jessica Lange) finally made it to Hollywood.
5. Elsa is still under Stanley's thrall. Ethel (Kathy Bates) finds out about what she has done/is planning to do to the twins, Bette and Dot (Sarah Paulson). During the confrontation where Ethel says she's going to murder Elsa, Elsa kills her instead. Stanley helps her cover up the murder, staging it to look like a terrible suicide.
Now you're all caught up on the major points. The second half of Freak Show returns on January 7, 2015 at 10 p.m. ET.
See Now: 'The Walking Dead' Season 8 Gets Preview Special on AMC